Permissions: You need the Admin permission to sign up for payment processing.
Go to Admin → Payment Processing to sign up for payment processing in Fusion. Integrated payment processing allows you to handle patient credit card payments without leaving Fusion! Everything is connected automatically, with fewer steps and a seamless workflow.
In This Article
Sign Up for Payment Processing
To sign up for payment processing in Fusion, you'll need to complete an application that includes information about your company, the bank account you want to use, and the owner.
- Go to Admin → Add-Ons.
- Below the explanation about credit card processing, click the + Application button.
- When you have the indicated information ready, click the Continue button.
- Once you've filled in the application, click the Submit Application button.
- The owner will be asked to answer a few questions to verify their identify and authorize the application.
Once your application has been processed (typically within two business days), your Customer Success Manager will reach out to you to finish setting up your clinic.
Using Payment Processing
- Take payments at checkout or from a billing account.
- Use the Transactions page to void or refund a payment.
- Delete saved payment methods from a billing account.
- Send Invoices via email to collect payments from patients or caregivers.
- View reports on processed payments with the Transactions insight. You can also export a report for another system, such as QuickBooks.
What do I pay to process payments in Fusion?
There is a fee of 2.85% + 30¢ for each transaction you process through Fusion. If one of your clients disputes a charge, there will be a $15 chargeback fee.
Are there any upfront fees?
It doesn't cost anything to get payment processing activated for your clinic.
Will I have to agree to a specific term length?
No, there isn't a required term length for payment processing in Fusion.
Is there a difference in fees when swiping or keying in a card?
No, fees are the same for all transactions.
If I refund or void a payment, is there a charge?
There is no additional cost associated with voiding or refunding a payment. However, when refunding a payment, you will still pay the fee for the original transaction.
Deposits and Withdrawals
How do processed payments show in my bank account?
Check the Deposits and Withdrawals article for details about how transactions will appear in your bank account.
How do process payments show in my client's bank account?
The transactions on your client's bank account will have a description that includes "VTG*" followed by your clinic's DBA name, which will help them recognize your charges on their statements.
What types of credit cards can Fusion process?
Fusion accepts all of the following major credit and debit cards, including HSA and FSA cards.
How does Fusion handle and store credit card data?
Fusion never stores cardholder data. The information goes directly from the form in Fusion to the payment processor who returns a secure token to us. This token is then stored and used to charge the card. No Fusion employee ever has access to cardholder data, and it is never stored in any Fusion database.
Does Fusion provide a scanner?
Fusion does not currently provide scanners. Any USB card reader should work.
Is a receipt generated for refunds and voids?
Fusion does generate a receipt for a refund but not for a void.