Get a Visit Signature
Permissions: You need the Docs permission to add a visit signature.
You can record a patient or caregiver signature for a visit to have additional documentation verifying that services took place. This is typically used for home or school-based treatment.
Before you Begin
- Signatures are generally best captured using a touch-screen device.
- Once a visit signature is added, you won't be able to change the date of the appointment.
- The visit signature will appear on all documentation for the appointment, including evaluation-type documents.
Get a Patient or Caregiver Signature for a Visit
- Go to Docs → Daily Notes.
- Click the note for the visit that needs a signature.
- In the lower right, click the Visit Signature button.
- Type the name of the person who is signing.
- Have the patient or caregiver sign in the white box to confirm that services were performed on the listed date of service.
- Click the Add Visit Signature button.